Dear students, I hope you’re ready to learn new things about the English language. No matter how well you speak,read or write in English now, there’s always room for improvement! Effort, motivation and interest are the key to your success. I wish you an enriching year with me. You will find on my page extra information to help you and also some interesting articles, texts and links posted by other students. Keep in mind that practice makes perfect and the only difference between possible and impossible is 2 letters! Bye! Ms. Marie-Claude.
It’s Greek to me !
- I don’t understand.
Wow! It’s raining cats and dogs out there!
- Very hard rain
I will clean my room when pigs fly.
This assignment is a piece of cake.
- Very easy
I’m feeling sick as a dog !
- Very sick
Rise and shine!
- Wake up and be happy
I could play outside till the cows come home.
- For a very long time
No, I was just pulling your leg.
- Just joking
I tinted the windows of my car first and then you had to do it, so stop being a copycat.
- Someone who does what another does or copies their work
My son should be out looking for work, but he is such a couch potato and only wants to play video games while eating junk food.
- Someone who is lazy. They may sit on a couch, eat a lot, and watch television.
- Watch movies in English with subtitles
- Read books in English
- Play video games in English
- Go on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Ask, Tumblr and others)
- Speak English with your parents or friends
- Write new words or text in English
- Listen to English music
- Read a translation into English
Those ideas are proposed by Jonathan Roy